Antarctica's 'Area 51'

rant & rave, shoot da'shit, drop a link, whatever....
Forum rules
"No Flaming" rule will be loosely enforced considering nature of discussion. All other forum rules still apply.

Antarctica's 'Area 51'

Unread postby GBDU » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:11 am

Venturing inside the lab you need government clearance to see
-
Conspiracies thrive in Antarctica. It's locked down tight, they say, patrolled by the military - and only those with official security clearance can enter the most secretive areas.
The Arrival Heights laboratory is inside one of those secure areas. Only those with Government-authorised permits can enter - and, apparently, me.
Rattling up the icy road to the laboratory, the first thing you notice is a strange-looking building off in the distance strongly resembling a giant disco ball. Perched atop a rocky hill, it looks like something out of a sci-fi film.
"We can't show you what's in there," joked one of the personnel I travelled with, pointing at the mysterious orb. I shouldn't have been surprised. She works for the Government.
Crunching over the rocks and snow, I was very aware of what this visit signified. I was taking a glimpse behind the curtains. Nothing was secret from a journalist with a mission.
The lab is in an Antarctic Specially Protected Area (ASPA) - Area 122, to be precise. And after seeing that disco ball, I half expected to find aliens hidden below the ice.
Arrival Heights is blocked off by a series of ropes. Security is low-tech in the most isolated place in the world. A big red stop sign, like you'd see on a normal road, warns anyone without a permit to stay away.
The lab itself is inside a simple container building, a splash of green against the otherwise monochromatic continent. Off in the distance, the orb sits and watches.
-
read the whole article via:

Code: Select all
http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2018/03/antarctica-s-area-51-venturing-inside-the-lab-you-need-government-clearance-to-see.html
If it flies,floats or fucks, rent it!!
GBDU
Honored Member

Return to da'Lounge