Movie types explained

mainstream flix, tele showz, docu's....

Re: Movie types explained

Unread postby boomersooner » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:00 am

Good info, PB. Last winter, a copy of the US version of Girl with the Dragon Tatoo came out just as the movie was in the theaters. No way was it a cam. It had to be a DVD rip. Super quality. Think it was xvid, avi. and It was 2.4 gig. Converted to wmv since when I burned it to a DVD and deleted the orig file. Where could that have come from? Was there a pre- release DVD someone got hold of? Or was it a rip from theater digitsal? Maybe the source would be in the list posted, but I'm missing it.

For playing different types of video, for those new to video, just thought I'd mention VLC Player - 90% here know of it , i'm sure. Plays almost anything. I have it and klite mega codec pack for WMP.

And of course, very useful info for video buffs:

http://forum.videohelp.com/
...there is always a well-known solution to every human problem—neat, plausible, and wrong.

H.L. Mencken
boomersooner
Senior Poster

Unread postby boomersooner » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:52 pm

I should make sure i read all previous posts before i post - eg. vlc and video help.com
...there is always a well-known solution to every human problem—neat, plausible, and wrong.

H.L. Mencken
boomersooner
Senior Poster

Unread postby boomersooner » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:16 pm

a copy of the US version of Girl with the Dragon Tatoo came out just as the movie was in the theaters

For what it's worth, after more research I discovered it was an excellent DVDscr . Wish there were more like it. I suspect they've tightened down

H.L. Mencken
boomersooner
Senior Poster

Unread postby zaphod42b » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:05 am

OK, so I am new to the Cine part, and I want to download movies. First: How do I view movies that download in multiple files?? What is the best free program for doing that? Any advice on how??
zaphod42b
Out Of The Blocks Poster

Unread postby styron » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:23 am

For convenience you need to download all parts to the same folder. Same sized link parts from different filehosts are usually interchangeable - so you can download part x from one filehost and part y from another - minimising your wait time restriction between downloads as a 'free' (ie. no account) user of the different filehosts.

Once you have all parts they need to be decompressed or extracted from part 1 and will join up to give you the movie. You can use WinZip or WinRar if you have them or a good freeware program is http://www.7-zip.org/. They all work roughly similar - right click part 1 and select extract here or to the name of the file in quotes which will extract it to a folder of its own.

The best easy to use multi-format player is still probably VLC http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
styron
Respected Poster

Previous

Return to da'Cine'