Movie types explained

mainstream flix, tele showz, docu's....

Re: Movie types explained

Unread postby boomersooner » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Edited on 11-30-18

Information about my video posts

All of the video from which I derive my posts is selected by searching through online sources, available streams and from personally owned hard discs. I am not subscribed to any feeds.

For my movie posts, these are the typical descriptions I use right above the link. They are based on what I have done wrt the file, not a description of the original copy, because that is all I can really testify to, for certain. I might add parenthetical info,e.g. WebRip(BR) in cases where I'm certain of the source.

WebDL - downloaded from the web, converted by me as is to a rar file and uploaded to the Host for future downloading by members and guests.

WebRip - downloaded from the internet, re-encoded by me to a smaller file-size, converted to .rar and uploaded to the Host for future downloading by members and guests.

HDRip - recorded off an HD stream(PS3, DVR, HDTV, Computer/Laptop screen),by me , trimmed and re-encoded by me to a smaller file-size, converted to .rar and uploaded to a host for future downloading by members and guests.

DVDRip - ripped off a DVD, re-encoded to a smaller file-size, by me, , converted to .rar and uploaded to the host for future downloading by members and guests

BRRip - ripped off a BluRay disc, re-encoded by me to a smaller file-size, converted to .rar and uploaded to a host for future downloads by members and guests.

Here, below, is an example of one of my final movie product information, after extracting the file: source(HDRip), size(719MB), audio type(AAC stereo) and bit rate(128Kbps), shell and codec(Mp4(h265)), video resolution(1080p) and bit rate(1000Kbps), and total playing time:(1:34:20)

Movie(HEVC)
HDRip, 791MB, AAC stereo@128Kbps, Mp4(h265), 720p@1000Kbps, 1:34:20

One final note: I try in most cases to include English subs, largely for people who might have difficulty understanding audio clearly, or those whose native tongue is not English, but are fluent to some extent, especially in text. With movies marked HDRip I am unable(at least at for the present) to include subtitles, due to the frame rate they are recorded at with my software and the manual trimming I perform. Almost all recorded streams found online are coded at 23.98FPS; my recordings are at 30FPs.

Of course for anyone who needs non-English subs(other than for my HDRips, as noted), they are readily available on line at sites like subscene.com. My posts listed as WebRips can originate from recorded streams, Blu-ray rips, and DVDRips. After searching for and locating all the subs available on the page for the movie, for you may have to try different ones from the subtitle site til you get proper sync.

Please forgive me for what may seem a too lengthy discussion, but I tried to be a complete as I could . Plus being long winded is not unusual for yours truly. :roll:

boomersooner
...there is always a well-known solution to every human problem—neat, plausible, and wrong.

H.L. Mencken
boomersooner

Previous

Return to da'Cine'